+ 180 degree panoramic Coastal Sea View of Mevagissey Bay and South Cornish Coast
+ The perfect Cornish coastal getaway. Beautiful stylish house, reverse living with the bedrooms on the ground floor
+ Private self catering family holiday accommodation
+ Mevagissey South Cornwall, panoramic coatal vista (about 50 mtrs from the cliff face)
+ 5/6 minutes walk from Mevagissey Fishing Village and harbour.
+ Sleeps 8.
Please see our photo gallery which is being continually updated.
Where is Skysail? Skysail is situated in an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)in a fantastic elevated position on the outer peninsular of Polkirt Hill in Mevagissey hence the amazing panoramic outlook. Skysail is a fabulous new architect designed house (completed Jan 2015) with far reaching 180° coastal seaviews of Mevagissey Bay stretching away towards Fowey and Chapel Point and easy 5 minute walking distance to the bustling quintessential Mevagissey active Fishing village. The little harbour in the village centre supports a thriving fishing fleet and offers mooring for small yachts and leisure-craft, ferries, fishing boats and day-trippers. Fresh fish can be bought direct from the fishermen on the quay side.
Skysail is a house of generous proportions it is built, maintained and furnished at the highest standards with your comfort and enjoyment in mind. Books DVDs and games can be found to while away a relaxing moment.
Skysail offers spacious accommodation ideal for two families or a group of friends. Skysail is also the perfect retreat should you just wish to get away from it all. The open plan living area opens up on to a front sea-view balcony. There is a lawned rear garden with paved court yard and BBQ and separate lawned area in front with a sun balcony with sun loungers. Parking for 2 cars plus a small car in the carport. Additional cars may be parked in the road parallel with and above Polkirt Hill. (ask for details).
- 4 Superking/Twin Bedrooms configured as required, all with spectacular sea views.
- 2 large Bathrooms (wetrooms) (one with bath,w/c, large sink & shower, one with shower, 2 sinks and w/c)
- Utility Room (laundry) with additional fridge and ice maker
- Generously proportioned front lower patio at ground level off the front garden towards the sea, ideal for sun bathing. 4 sun beds provided.
- Spacious marble floored open plan Kitchen, Living and Dining Room around a glass and stainless central stairway to the lower floor
- Kitchen area with island and breakfast bar, hob and two ovens, warming drawer
- Slate dining table where you can feel you are almost at sea!
- Beautiful glass sided Balcony to front
- Patio to rear
- Additional wash room / w/c
- Skysail sits in its private grounds with generous rear and front lawned gardens. The rear garden is ideal for sunbathing, eating and for childrens recreation. The garden is on the same level as the main living area and can be reached by stepping from the rear patio, so you could keep an eye on the children while you are preparing the BBQ or sitting at the breakfast bar. A sumptuous outdoor sofa on the rear patio is ideal for those lazy mornings or outdoor BBQ evenings.
Pets & Smoking
- Sorry no pets.
- Strictly No Smoking.
Children: We welcome children. However, We do not provide stair gates, cots or high chairs. Please Note: young children will require adult supervision at all times because of balconies and open stairways.
Electricity, Logs, Heating, Linen and towels included. For a full list of all the facilities visit our “About” page.
The top of the house has a separate tiny apartment which the owners reserve the right to occupy for their own use. There is a separate access door at the rear and it will not affect the comfort or privacy of your stay.
The garage provides an area for table-tennis, darts etc. (This is off the car parking area so small children will need to be properly supervised)
Next to the harbour is a wide range of cafés, restaurants and harbourside pubs offering from amazing restaurant food to Authentic Portuguese, Indian Takeways, tea rooms, ice cream parlours and fish and chips. The narrow cobbled streets offer a mixture of pottery, antiques, jewellery, fashion (Fatface new to Mevagissey this year), basic General Store and Bakery, traditional sweet shop and fresh Veg Store (“Moor’s Fruit and Veg”). There is plenty to do with the Mevagissey Museum and other attractions including the Mevagissey to Fowey ferry trip, model railway, harbourside aquarium (free/donation), and fishing trips. See our page Mevagissey where it will tell you about the attractions in the area such as the Lost Gardens of Heligan, Eden Project and more.
Views of Mevagissey around the harbour.
(yes, the picture with the palm trees – thats from Skysail!)
- Automated bookings can be made via our secure Bookings page on this site.
- Alternatively, bookings can be made by calling 01684 290077 Mon-Friday weekdays. Payment can be made by direct payment, credit or debit card or cheque.